Option to return
Option to return means that you get your money back if you return the product within a certain period of time.
Things to keep in mind
- Before you pay, ask the sales assistant whether the shop has an option to return the merchandise.
- Make sure that the receipt or other evidence shows that you have the option to return the merchandise.
- Save the receipt.
- If you want to return the merchandise, do so before the period expires.
- Make sure that it is in the same condition as when you bought it.
- If the merchandise is defective, you can always demand a replacement or your money back regardless of whether or not you have the option to return it.
No law guarantees you the option to return merchandise. It is totally up to the individual shop.
The option to return merchandise is not the same thing as the cancellation rights you have when you shop online, etc.
This text has been translated from Swedish. Bear in mind that the translation may differ slightly from the original text. The source has only proofread the Swedish text.
- Proofread 14 January 2015