Sometime you may order a product but delivery is delayed.
If you do not receive a product on time, you can:
- Hold back part of the payment. Keep in mind that you may be liable if you hold back too much of the payment. You might have to pay interest on arrears to the seller.
- Demand that the seller complete the purchase. There are exceptional cases when the seller does not need to complete the purchase.
- Cancel the purchase. If the delay had a major impact on your life, you can return the product and get your money back.
- Request damages from the seller for expenses you incurred due to the delay. A seller who was unable to prevent the delay may not have to pay damages.
The amount of compensation you are entitled to depends on the kind of delay
If you order a wedding dress and it is delivered after the ceremony, you may have the right to cancel the purchase and receive damages. If you order a book and it doesn’t arrive on time, you don’t have the same kinds of rights.
This text has been translated from Swedish. Bear in mind that the translation may differ slightly from the original text. The source has only proofread the Swedish text.
- Proofread 14 January 2015